Bringing freedom to your active life
At PhysioTouch Courtice we are focussed on improving and preserving the wellness of our patients throughout Courtice and Durham Region. Our objective to “Bring freedom to your active life” happens daily through our excellent physiotherapy and related services.Physiotherapy can help to treat a variety of Orthopedic, Musculoskeletal and Neuromuscular conditions. Additionally, we positively impact the health and wellness of the community through professional relationships with patients, leaders, colleagues, physicians and members of the community. At PhysioTouch Courtice you can expect a friendly, professional environment focussed on your health.
Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is one of the primary health care professions in Canada.
Services provided by the Physiotherapists at Physiotouch Courtice are focused with the goal to maintain, promote and restore your physical health being through a series of assessments, formulating….learn more
Massage Therapy is a health profession in Ontario
Regulated by CMTO, College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. Massage therapy mainly involves manual (hands-on) techniques like applying structured or unstructured pressure, vibration, tension manually or with mechanical aids to the soft tissues of the body…learn more
Manual therapy, is a form of physical therapy that involves deep tissue work, cross fiber friction as well as joint mobilisation, manipulation and many other manual therapy techniques. It is mainly used by Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Osteopaths to treat musculoskeletal pain and impairment…learn more
Extracorporeal shockwave therapy is a treatment mostly used in physical therapy and orthopedics….learn more
Electrotherapy is a procedure that involves administering an electric current to the affected areas of the body.It is mostly used by experienced physiotherapists to treat a wide range of disorders, including muscle pain and arthritis….learn more
The use of low-intensity laser light to alleviate pain caused by soft tissue damage is known as laser therapy. Laser therapy aids in tissue regeneration and cell function restoration…learn more
Any type of ultrasonic treatment that uses ultrasound for therapeutic purposes is referred to as therapeutic ultrasound. In the 1950s, physiotherapeutic ultrasound was introduced into clinical practise, followed by lithotripsy in the 1980s….learn more
At Physiotouch, we understand that braces that are uncomfortable or do not fit properly may have a negative impact on your health….learn more
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- At Physiotouch Courtice, you will register with our friendly front office staff.
- A comprehensive assessment by a Physiotherapist or other Health Care Provider will take you through a detailed history of your major physical concern, assessment of your range of motion and strength, as well as a variety of special tests specific to your injury or dysfunction. These assessment findings are analyzed and used to create a clinical impression. This will help us to better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating an effective treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs and to achieve the realistic goals. This treatment plan could involve a number of things including therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, manual mobilizations, massage, patient and family education, activity modification, home exercise programs, supervised exercise programs and many others.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your path to recovery. However, during the next visits you will get into all aspects of your treatment plan.
- Our staff will help you scheduling your next visits at Physiotouch Courtice as per treatment plan recommended by related Health Care Provider. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain some forms which you can fill out and sign from your device in handy.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paperwork.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you if you have any imaging reports (i.e.) X-rays, Ultrasound/MRI (etc.) and doctor’s referral.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.