Bringing freedom to your active life
At PhysioTouch Courtice you can expect a friendly, professional environment focused on your health. We are focused on improving and preserving the wellness of our patients throughout Courtice and Durham Region. Our objective to “Bring freedom to your active life” happens daily through our excellent physiotherapy and related services. Physiotherapy can help to treat a variety of Orthopedic, Musculoskeletal and Neuromuscular conditions. Additionally, we positively impact the health and wellness of the community through professional relationships with patients, leaders, colleagues, physicians and members of the community.
Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is one of the primary health care professions in Canada.
Services provided by the Physiotherapists at Physiotouch Courtice are focused with the goal to maintain, promote and restore your physical health being through a series of assessments, formulating….learn more
Experience the rejuvenating power of chiropractic care at PhysioTouch Courtice, where expert practitioners prioritize your well-being with personalized treatments for a pain-free and balanced lifestyle…..Book Now
Massage Therapy is a health profession in Ontario
Regulated by CMTO, College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. Massage therapy mainly involves manual (hands-on) techniques like applying structured or unstructured pressure, vibration, tension manually or with mechanical aids to the soft tissues of the body…learn more
Acupuncture consists of inserting thin, stainless-steel needles in various parts of the body that activates the parasympathetic nervous system….learn more
Extracorporeal shockwave therapy is a treatment mostly used in physical therapy and orthopedics….learn more
At Physiotouch, we understand that braces that are uncomfortable or do not fit properly may have a negative impact on your health….learn more
Manual therapy, is a form of physical therapy that involves deep tissue work, cross fiber friction as well as joint mobilisation, manipulation and many other manual therapy techniques. It is mainly used by Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Osteopaths to treat musculoskeletal pain and impairment…learn more
Any type of ultrasonic treatment that uses ultrasound for therapeutic purposes is referred to as therapeutic ultrasound. In the 1950s, physiotherapeutic ultrasound was introduced into clinical practise, followed by lithotripsy in the 1980s….learn more
Electrotherapy is a procedure that involves administering an electric current to the affected areas of the body.It is mostly used by experienced physiotherapists to treat a wide range of disorders, including muscle pain and arthritis….learn more
The use of low-intensity laser light to alleviate pain caused by soft tissue damage is known as laser therapy. Laser therapy aids in tissue regeneration and cell function restoration…learn more
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- When entering the clinic, you will register for your appointment with our friendly front desk staff.
- After registration, you will be brought to a treatment room where you will meet your assigned health care provider (Physio, Chiro, RMT, Kin, Chiropodist, ETC.)
- Your assigned healthcare provider will commence an in-depth assessment by taking a detailed history of your concern and assess your range of motion, strength and perform special testing to determine their clinical impression.
- This impression will influence the course of treatment to target your specific needs and to achieve your treatment goals.
- This treatment plan could include any of the services listed above and more!
- After the assessment and discussion of the treatment plan, you will be provided with your first treatment.
- At the end of your treatment, our staff will help you schedule more appointments as per your treatment plan.
- If there are any questions pertaining to your care or our facility, please do not hesitate to contact us. We want to ensure your satisfaction and recovery to the best of our abilities.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain links to forms which you can fill out and sign from your device.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paperwork.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you: If you have any imaging reports (i.e.) X-rays, Ultrasound/MRI (etc.) and doctor’s referral and a copy of your insurance card.