Custom Braces in Courtice.
At Physio Touch, we understand that braces that are uncomfortable or do not fit properly may have a negative impact on your health. Bracing helps to support the joints for various conditions such as ligament instability, Osteoarthritis, sports injuries and many other conditions.
Braces are mostly made of soft, sturdy cotton, but may also include metal, plastic, and Velcro belts. They can be custom-made or ready-to-use for patients. Your physiotherapist will help you choose the appropriate brace and get it tailored to your specific needs.
When to get a brace?
Braces are often used following an injury, before or after surgery, or when the joints or ligaments have deteriorated due to excessive use, age, or a chronic disease.
Your doctor, physiotherapist, or other healthcare professional may recommend a brace to help with recovery after an accurate diagnosis of your injury or condition.
When ligaments, muscles, and/or bones are still healing, braces provide stability. This allows you to resume those tasks (slowly), steadily increasing your strength and work while preventing re-injury.
Benefits of bracing
Bracing is a procedure that can help to enhance joint flexibility, balance, and avoid repetitive movements (like bending, twisting, or side-to-side and front-to-back actions) that can aggravate the injury, cause discomfort, and prevent proper healing. Braces assist in offloading pressure by removing some of the force experienced when returning to action.
They make it possible for you to return to an active lifestyle easily and safely, whether it is through your favorite sport or easy daily activities like walking.
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- At Physio Touch Courtice, you will register with our friendly front office staff.
- A comprehensive assessment by a Physiotherapist or other Health Care Provider will take you through a detailed history of your major physical concern, assessment of your range of motion and strength, as well as a variety of special tests specific to your injury or dysfunction. These assessment findings are analyzed and used to create a clinical impression. This will help us to better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating and effective treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs and to achieve the realistic goals. This treatment plan could involve a number of things including therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, manual mobilizations, massage, patient and family education, activity modification, home exercise programs, supervised exercise programs and many others.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your path to recovery. However, during the next visits you will get into all aspects of your treatment plan.
- Our staff will help you scheduling your next visits at Physio Touch Courtice as per treatment plan recommended by related Health Care Provider. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain some forms which you can fill out and sign from your device in handy.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paperwork.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you if you have any imaging reports (i.e., X-rays, Ultrasound/MRI etc.) and doctor’s referral.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.