Laser Therapy in Courtice
The use of low-intensity laser light to alleviate pain caused by soft tissue damage is known as laser therapy. Laser therapy aids in tissue regeneration and cell function restoration.
Laser therapy is a non-invasive technique to help reduce pain and inflammation. Laser therapy can be safely used as an adjunct or replacement for pharmaceutical drugs. This pain relief treatment is FDA approved and enables patients to have an alternative to drugs and surgery.
The lasers might improve circulation, support cell health, release endorphins that fight pain, reduce inflammation, or encourage the growth of new, healthy tissue.
Most patients see results within 3 to 5 short treatments. laser Therapy works by flooding the tissue with photons, which energizes cells resulting in increased circulation to the injured area and ultimately pain reduction.
Laser therapy allows your body to utilize it’s own healing powers by inducing a series of healing responses in your body. During treatment you will feel a soothing warmth that identifies the beginning of an 18–24-hour process of modulated cellular activity leading to decreased pain and inflammation.
Conditions we treat
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Joint Pain
- Sports Injury
- Strain & Sprain
- Motor Vehicle Injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Heel Pain
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Plantar Fascitis/Arch Pain
- Swollen Feet & Legs/Edema
- Varicose Veins
- Frozen shoulder
- Sprains, strains, and tears
- Disc injuries
- Sports injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
What should you know before starting laser treatments?
Here is always some apprehension that comes along with laser therapy – we always receive questions such as, “does it hurt?” or “is it safe?” It is understandable to be hesitant before receiving a new form of treatment that you may not be entirely familiar with. However, we can definitively say that laser therapy does not hurt, and it is completely safe!
In fact, medical lasers are approved by the FDA, and they adhere to strict ISO standards. Laser treatments are administered directly to the Laser therapy treatments must be administered directly to skin, as laser light cannot penetrate through layers of clothing. You will feel a soothing warmth as the therapy is administered.
Laser treatments are also completely pain-free. When you receive a laser treatment, you will feel little to no sensation at all, depending on the type of laser that is being used. What you may feel is a gentle, soothing warmth from the laser, that many patients report as being quite pleasant. Treatments typically last between 2-10 minutes and patients begin seeing results after just a few short sessions, which is known to be the best laser therapy in Courtice.
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- At Physiotouch Courtice, you will register with our friendly front office staff.
- A comprehensive assessment by a Physiotherapist or other Health Care Provider will take you through a detailed history of your major physical concern, assessment of your range of motion and strength, as well as a variety of special tests specific to your injury or dysfunction. These assessment findings are analyzed and used to create a clinical impression. This will help us to better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating an effective treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs and to achieve the realistic goals. This treatment plan could involve a number of things including therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, manual mobilizations, massage, patient and family education, activity modification, home exercise programs, supervised exercise programs and many others.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your path to recovery. However, during the next visits you will get into all aspects of your treatment plan.
- Our staff will help you scheduling your next visits at Physiotouch Courtice as per treatment plan recommended by related Health Care Provider. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain some forms which you can fill out and sign from your device in handy.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paperwork.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you if you have any imaging reports (i.e.) X-rays, Ultrasound/MRI (etc.) and doctor’s referral.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.