Manual Therapy in Courtice
Manual therapy, is a form of physical therapy that involves deep tissue work, cross fibre friction as well as joint mobilisation and manipulation. It is mainly used by Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Osteopaths to treat musculoskeletal pain and impairment
Manual Therapy is a type of straight-lined, passive movement of a skeletal joint that addresses arthrokinematic joint motion (joint gliding) rather than osteokinematic joint motion. It is usually aimed at a ‘target’ synovial joint with the aim of achieving a therapeutic effect.
What is Manual Therapy?
Manual therapy is customized to each patient’s individual condition, making it a very personalized form of treatment. Based on a careful examination of a patient’s condition, Manual Therapy is incorporated into the treatment plan according to their body’s specific needs.
There are many techniques that Therapists at Physiotouch Courtice may use when caring for patients. Each technique is uniquely beneficial, depending on the patient’s condition.
Manual therapy is used in conjunction with physical exercise to restore function of the related area and entire body.
Utilizing a variety of techniques; allows each patient to achieve successful movement patterns and make progress toward their individual health goals; known to be the best way of Manual Therapy in Courtice.
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- At Physiotouch Courtice, you will register with our friendly front office staff.
- A comprehensive assessment by a Physiotherapist or other Health Care Provider will take you through a detailed history of your major physical concern, assessment of your range of motion and strength, as well as a variety of special tests specific to your injury or dysfunction. These assessment findings are analyzed and used to create a clinical impression. This will help us to better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating an effective treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs and to achieve the realistic goals. This treatment plan could involve a number of things including therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, manual mobilizations, massage, patient and family education, activity modification, home exercise programs, supervised exercise programs and many others.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your path to recovery. However, during the next visits you will get into all aspects of your treatment plan.
- Our staff will help you scheduling your next visits at Physiotouch Courtice as per treatment plan recommended by related Health Care Provider. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain some forms which you can fill out and sign from your device in handy.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paperwork.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you if you have any imaging reports (i.e.) X-rays, Ultrasound/MRI (etc.) and doctor’s referral.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.