Physiotherapy In Courtice
Physiotherapy, also known as physical therapy, is one of the primary health care professions in Canada. Therapy provided by the Physiotherapists at Physio Touch Courtice with the goal to maintain, promote and restore your physical health through a series of assessments, formulating treatment plans, physical interventions, patient education, and rehabilitation. It is a comprehensive approach to treat multiple physical conditions/injuries. That includes: use of therapeutic modalities, movements and exercise, Manual Therapy, education and advice. It helps to maintain health, improve functional abilities, manage pain and prevent disease for people of all ages. We are providing evidence based, excellent treatment tailored specifically for your needs by our experienced Physiotherapists in Courtice, Durham Region.
Conditions We Treat
- Pain Management
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Headaches and Migraines
- Poor Posture and Forward Head Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD or TMJ)
- Vertigo and Dizziness
- Herniated or Bulging Disc
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Arthritis/Osteoporosis Rehab
- Frozen Shoulder
- Post Surgical Rehab
- Strengthening and Balance
- Falls Prevention
- Sensory Stimulation
- MVA Programs (Car Accident Injuries)
- Patient and family Education
- Wellness and Exercise
- Injury Prevention
- Work-related injuries Programs (WSIB)
- Post Knee and Hip Replacement Rehabilitation
- Sports Injury Management
- Post Fracture Rehab
- Strains and Sprains
- Tendonitis and Bursitis
When should you come and see a physiotherapist?
At Physio Touch Courtice, physiotherapists can be beneficial in any stage of injury. Even before an injury occurs, physiotherapists can screen for muscle weaknesses, create a focused exercise program for you, and provide education on self-management and injury risk reduction. In the early stages after an injury (hours to a couple days), physiotherapists can help reduce pain and inflammation through various modalities, as well as provide education on what activities should and should not be performed in order to see the best results for recovery. Following this, moving to a more subacute (days to weeks), or chronic (months) phase of an injury, physiotherapists can help restore you back to the activities you love to do.
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
At Physio Touch Courtice, you will register with our friendly front office staff.
A comprehensive assessment by a Physiotherapist or other Health Care Provider will take you through a detailed history of your major physical concern, assessment of your range of motion and strength, as well as a variety of special tests specific to your injury or dysfunction. These assessment findings are analyzed and used to create a clinical impression. This will help us to better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating and effective treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs and to achieve the realistic goals. This treatment plan could involve a number of things including: therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, manual mobilizations, massage, patient and family education, activity modification, home exercise programs, supervised exercise programs and many others.
There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your path to recovery. However, during the next visits you will get into the all aspects of your treatment plan.
Our staff will help you scheduling your next visits at Physio Touch Courtice as per treatment plan recommended by related Health Care Provider. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
If you have any questions at any time, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain some forms which you can fill out and sign from your device in handy.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paper work.
Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you, if you have any imaging reports (i.e X-rays, Ultrasound and MRI etc) and doctor’s referral
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.