Shockwave Therapy in Courtice
Shock Wave Therapy is successfully used for the treatment of muscle/ tendon tissue and tendon insertions. Shock waves are high energy sound impulses. The energy released in the treatment area improves the metabolism and blood circulation, thereby stimulating the body’s self -healing repair mechanism.
Shock Wave Therapy has many advantages which include:
- Short treatment time per session
- Successful outcome after only a few sessions
- Often reduces need for medication and/or surgery.
Conditions we treat
Shock wave therapy can treat a range of conditions such as:
- Radial and ulnar epicondylitis
- Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder / shoulder problems
- Status post muscular injuries
- Chronic patellar tendonitis
- Jumper’s knee
- Plantar fasciitis
- Heel spurs
- Myofascial trigger point treatment e.g., back, muscular back pain
- Bursitis Trochanteric
- Periostitis / shin splints (status post strain)
What to expect in Shockwave Therapy?
Shock Wave Therapy purposefully creates an inflammatory response in injured soft tissue which may lead to mild discomfort following treatment. Patients should not apply ice or take anti-inflammatory medication after Shock Wave Treatment, as this inflammatory healing response should not be minimized.
Because the shockwaves trigger an inflammatory reaction, you may suffer transient discomfort, tenderness, or swelling for a few days after the procedure. However, this is the body’s normal healing process. As a result, it’s critical not to take any anti-inflammatory medications following treatment, as this could slow down the healing process. Almost quickly after your treatment, you can resume most of your normal activities.
Shock Wave therapy is an innovative and effective practice at Physiotouch Courtice.
For further reading click here.
What to Expect on Your First Visit:
- At Physiotouch Courtice, you will register with our friendly front office staff.
- A comprehensive assessment by a Physiotherapist or other Health Care Provider will take you through a detailed history of your major physical concern, assessment of your range of motion and strength, as well as a variety of special tests specific to your injury or dysfunction. These assessment findings are analyzed and used to create a clinical impression. This will help us to better identifying and understanding your problem and formulating an effective treatment plan tailored specifically for your needs and to achieve the realistic goals. This treatment plan could involve a number of things including therapeutic exercises, therapeutic modalities, manual mobilizations, massage, patient and family education, activity modification, home exercise programs, supervised exercise programs and many others.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your path to recovery. However, during the next visits you will get into all aspects of your treatment plan.
- Our staff will help you scheduling your next visits at Physiotouch Courtice as per treatment plan recommended by related Health Care Provider. We offer many convenient appointment times, however, prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- If you have any questions at any time, please do not hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
Before Your First Visit
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after booking your appointment.
- This email will contain some forms which you can fill out and sign from your device in handy.
- If you have any questions, ask us before signing the form.
- If you are not able to access the forms online, please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment so that we can help you with the paperwork.
- Make a list of questions that you want to discuss on your first visit.
- Bring with you if you have any imaging reports (i.e.) X-rays, Ultrasound/MRI (etc.) and doctor’s referral.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.